Accounts Prep & Management Accounts
We work closely with your company, whatever stage it is at, to prepare and file your statutory accounts. We are also able to assist you with your management accounts. Here at J Williams & Co our experienced team can help with setting up internal systems that will help generate management information. Taking the next step, we can interpret the figures that the system produces and then work with you to create new strategies for your business.
When it comes to bookkeeping, just hand it all over to us! We can complete:
- VAT returns
- Sales, purchase, and nominal ledger accounting
- Staff expenses
- Salaries and wages
- Fixed assets register
Business and Personal Tax Planning
Here at J Williams & Co we have a indepth knowledge and great connections when it comes to tax. If your business requires help with implementing strategies for its tax planning and the reduction of tax liabilities, we can help. Get in contact to discuss:
- Income Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- National Insurance
- Trusts Taxation
If you have issues concerning income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax, we can help you to plan for them. These issues could include:
- Share disposals
- Rental properties
- Selling your home
- Planning for living or working abroad
- Passing on wealth to members of your family
- Setting up a trust
(If you are looking to sell or let your property, we work very closely with YesCanDo Property)
Company Secretarial Support
Any assistance you require with keeping up-to-date with the Companies Act or understanding the legislation that affects your company and its directors, can be found in our offices. We are here to provide our clients with up-to-date support and guidance.
Financial Business Review
In these fast moving days, annual accounting is just not enough if you want to keep on top of growth in your business. J Williams & Co can work with you and your business to provide regular monitoring and controlling information that will keep you up-to-date with your figures and where they are going.
Financial reviews are a great way to take a good look at the performance of your business. They can give you the opportunity to quickly react to market changes that area appearing.
New Business Planning & Forecasting
J Williams & Co works actively with start-up companies to help them to achieve success and growth. We love to see your business succeed. Support we offer:
- Structure advice: would your company be better off as a sole trader, partnership or Limited Company?
- Preparation of documents when you are looking to attract investors: cash flow projections, business plans, budgets and trading forecasts.
- Admin assistance. There are times when you just need a knowledgeable extra pair of hands. We can take some of the administrative burden from you – just ask!
- We have a wide network of professionals in many different sectors and can help you to get in touch with them.
Payroll is not straightforward and the penalties for non-compliance are high. Let us take this pressure away from you. We can:
- Preparation and submission of payroll under Real Time Information
- Advising on and administering auto enrolment requirements as point
- Provide computer generated pay slips
- Complete administration for: national insurance, PAYE, statutory sick and maternity pays, and anything else that your business is liable for.
- Year end documents
- Analysis of all things payroll
Strategic Business Planning
Think business strategy is just for large corporates? Ask us to work with you with your business plan and get those financial aspects at the forefront of your planning. We can help you to achieve your personal and business goals. Make your investments work for you!
VAT can be complicated!
- Value added tax is the tax payable to HMRC from sales of goods and services, (which are not exempt from VAT).
- Businesses must register for VAT when they have an annual turnover in excess of £82,000.
- VAT must be reported and paid quarterly to HMRC.
- The VAT return will show goods and services purchased and sold and the amount of VAT paid.
- If you have paid more VAT than you have charged in a given quarter, then you will be entitled to a refund.
… and much more besides!
Here at J Williams & Co we can advise on VAT issues as well as taking on the whole task for on for you.